ENGLEWOOD WATER DISTRICT BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
APRIL 16, 2009 @ 8:30 a.m.
Board of Supervisors:
Steve Samuels, Chair Seat
Paul Manke, Vice-Chair
Richard L. Rollo, Administrator
Robert H. Berntsson, District Attorney
Maureen Cronk, Administrative Assistant
1. The meeting began with the Pledge of Allegiance and a roll call to establish a quorum.
2. ANNOUNCEMENTS – None
Change in order – public input first
Delete 3a, Auditor Presentation – not available today. Ms. Zoeller will review the draft under the Administrator’s report.
3. PUBLIC INPUT Stillwater Homeowners Association – Mr. Keith Farlow, President of Stillwater Homeowners Association. Mr. Farlow was not representing Phase III. A hand-out covering the presentation was distributed. (Attached) The reuse meter was programmed incorrectly and the quarterly billing did not reflect the accurate amount of water being used. Billing corrections were made, resulting in a balance of $11,238.16 due on the account. Because it was an error on EWD’s part, Mr. Farlow asked for forgiveness of the bill.
Lengthy discussion ensued, including 6 additional accounts with the same circumstances.
Ms. Wright moved, “to adjust the bill for all 7 reuse accounts where the meters were programmed incorrectly, by 50% on a 1 time only basis.” Seconded by Mr. Manke
In discussion, it was decided a payment schedule will still be offered if needed.
a) Herman Velasco, Environmental Health Administrator, Charlotte County Department of Health used a slide show to explain the County’s new Septic Tank Inspection Program.
Recess 10:27 – 10:35
5. CONSENT SECTION – Chair Samuels asked for comments or corrections on the consent items. Hearing none,
Mr. Meals moved, “to accept the Minutes of the Regular Meeting of April 2, 2009 and the Attorney’s invoice dated April 2, 2009 as presented” Seconded by Mr. Manke
a) Minutes of the Regular Meeting April 2, 2009 09-04-16 CS A
b) Attorney’s Invoice April 2, 2009 09-04-16 CS B
6. ACTION ITEM
a) I & I – Phase 1 Boca Royale – Mr. Linden presented the item. Following discussion at the last meeting, we received proposals for the work to be done on sewer collection lines, mains and manholes.
Mr. Manke moved, “to approve the addition of $339,238 to FY 09 Budget, Account No. 625015-441-103 to eliminate inflow and infiltration at Boca Royale Phase I and to authorize the Administrator to sign the Reynolds Inliner Work Proposal dated April 6, 2009 and the UTILAMAX Work Proposal dated April 14, 2009. Funds coming from wastewater revenues. Seconded by Mr. Meals
7. DISCUSSION ITEM – None
8. ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT – Richard L. Rollo, PE (verbal)
a) OPERATIONS DIVISION MANAGER’S REPORT – Michael J. Ray
1) Holiday Ventures – a gravity bypass has been installed for the inline grinder pump. This is a critical piece of equipment.
2) Dataflow – 6 units left to do.
3) RO Expansion – progressing slowly, estimated 60 days to completion.
4) CCU Interlocal connection – PRMRWSA is still taking 1.5 MGD. Our demand is starting to back off.
5) WRF – refurbishment of the 2 tanks is progressing, getting ready for the 50th Anniversary party.
6) Distribution Department – changing out meters, working on main extensions and general maintenance.
b) TECHNICAL SUPPORT MANAGER’S REPORT – Jarl “Jay” D. Linden, PE
Mr. Linden reviewed his written report, with updates.
c) FINANCE DIRECTOR’S REPORT – Sonia R. Zoeller
Ms. Zoeller reviewed the draft audit. Very clean report. Mr. Marty Redovan, Larson Allen LLP will be attending a later Board meeting with the final audit.
9. ATTORNEY’S REPORT – Robert H. Berntsson – None
10. OLD BUSINESS – None
11. PUBLIC COMMENT – None
12. NEW BUSINESS – None
13. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS – None
14. ADJOURN @ 11:31 am
Paul F. Manke, Vice-chair