ENGLEWOOD WATER DISTRICT BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
AUGUST 5, 2010 – 8:30 A.M.
Board of Supervisors:
Steve Samuels, Chair
Paul Manke, Vice-Chair
Michael J. Ray – Administrator
Robert Berntsson – District Counsel
Maureen A. Cronk – Secretary to the Board
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE & ROLL CALL.
2. ANNOUNCEMENTS – Additions & Deletions
3. SERVICE AWARDS
a. Dave Larson, WRF Plant Operator – 15 years
4. PUBLIC INPUT – To address the Board during this portion of the meeting you must fill out a card stating your name, address, and telephone number for the record, and what agenda item is to be addressed. Each person will be allowed no more than 4 minutes.
5. CONSENT SECTION
A. Minutes of the Regular Meeting July 15, 2010
6. ACTION ITEM
a. Request Charlotte and Sarasota County Supervisors of Elections to Administer November 2, 2010 election.
b. Lime Softening Plant Filter #3 Refurbishment
1) Labor – Leo Pfliger Construction
2) Materials – All Service Construction
7. DISCUSSION ITEM
a. FY 2010-2011 Budget
8. ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT – Michael J. Ray
a. WATER OPERATIONS – Roger Quick
1) Wayne Kershanick – Distribution Foreman
c. SONIA ZOELLER, FINANCE DIRECTOR
9. ATTORNEY’S REPORT – Robert H. Berntsson
10. OLD BUSINESS
11. PUBLIC COMMENT – To address the Board during this portion of the meeting you must provide your name, address and telephone number for the record. Each person will be allowed no more than 4 minutes.
12. NEW BUSINESS
13. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS
Anyone who decides to appeal a decision of this Board will need a record of the proceedings pertaining thereto and therefore, may need to insure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.
DISABILITY INFORMATION – In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and F.S. 286.26, persons with disabilities needing special accommodation to participate in this proceeding should contact EWD at 941-474-3217 no later than 7 days prior to the proceedings. If hearing impaired, telephone the Florida Relay Service at 800-955-8771 (TCC) or 800-955-8770 (VOICE) for assistance.