ENGLEWOOD WATER DISTRICT BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
NOVEMBER 4, 2010
Board of Supervisors:
Steve Samuels, Chair
Paul Manke, Vice-Chair
Phyllis Wright (absent)
Michael J. Ray, Administrator
Robert Benedict, (acting) District Counsel
Maureen A. Cronk, Secretary to the Board
1. The meeting began with the Pledge of Allegiance and a roll call to establish a quorum.
2. ANNOUNCEMENTS – Mr. Samuels congratulated Mr. Manke and Ms. Wright on winning the election.
3. SERVICE AWARDS- Chair Samuels presented Richard Court and Terry Genin 10-year service awards with thanks and appreciation.
4. PUBLIC INPUT – None
5. CONSENT SECTION – Chair Samuels asked for comments, objections and/or corrections to the consent section. Hearing none,
Mr. Manke moved, “to accept the consent section as presented” seconded by Mr. Meals.
a) Minutes of the Regular Meeting October 21, 2010 10-11-04 CS A
b) WRF Headworks Screens 10-11-04 CS B
6. ACTION ITEM – None
7. DISCUSSION ITEM – None
8. ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT – Michael J. Ray
a. WATER OPERATIONS – Roger Quick
1. Distribution has finished the loop on Olive and Elliot Streets. Bay Park Drive will begin soon. This loop will include several streets and add 2 more hydrants to the system.
2. Production has finished the #3 filter replacement project.
b. JARL ‘JAY’ D. LINDEN, PE – TECHNICAL/OPERATIONS SUPPORT MANAGER – Mr. Linden reviewed his written report with updates.
1. Reuse customers have requested more reclaimed water, we sent out as much as we could, but storage is down.
2. ASR Supplemental Reclaimed Water Source – DMK is finished with the elevations and the pumps have been ordered. Testing will begin soon.
3. Sarasota County Sidewalk Project – the plans have been reviewed and comments have been submitted to DMK.
4. Dearborn Street Drainage Project – the plans have been reviewed by staff and a meeting is scheduled for later today. The estimate to move the utilities is $450,000.
5. Sarasota County Water Interconnect – FDOT objected to the placement of the meter assembly, it will be installed across the street on an easement Sarasota County owns, at their expense.
6. Englewood Fire Department – an insurance form was submitted for the availability and storage of water within the District. There are currently 996 hydrants in the system.
c. SONIA ZOELLER, FINANCE DIRECTOR
1. The auditors were here last week for the preliminary audit, they will return in January for 2 weeks. No issues are expected. Updating the policies that encompass finance is in progress.
Mr. Ray concluded his report, attended the Lemon Bay League meeting, supplying them with information on sewers in the Gottfried Creek area. The Peace River Manasota Regional Water Supply Authority meeting is tomorrow. The interconnect will be discussed; EWD is prepared to provide the agreed amount of 1 MG per day.
9. ATTORNEY’S REPORT – Robert Benedict, (acting) District Counsel – None
10. OLD BUSINESS – None
11. PUBLIC COMMENT – None
12. NEW BUSINESS – None
13. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS – Ms. Crampton expressed appreciation to staff working to economize and save money with in house projects.
14. ADJOURN @ 8:52 am
Paul F. Manke