ENGLEWOOD WATER DISTRICT BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
SEPTEMBER 16, 2010 – 8:30 A.M.
Board of Supervisors:
Steve Samuels, Chair (absent)
Paul Manke, Vice-Chair
Michael J. Ray – Administrator
Robert Berntsson – District Counsel
Maureen A. Cronk – Secretary to the Board
1. The meeting began with the Pledge of Allegiance and a roll call to establish a quorum.
2. ANNOUNCEMENTS – None
3. PUBLIC INPUT – None
4. CONSENT SECTION – Vice-Chair Manke asked for comments and or corrections to the Minutes. Hearing none, Mr. Meals moved, “ to accept the Minutes of the Regular Meeting of September 2, 2010 and the Attorney’s invoice dated September 2, 2010 in the amount of $1,377.50 as presented” Seconded by Ms. Crampton
a. Minutes of the Regular Meeting September 2, 2010 10-09-16 CS-A
b. Attorney’s invoice dated September 2, 2010 10-09-16-CS-B
5. ACTION ITEM
a. Hidden Waters – Mr. Ray introduced the item. A contract was entered into with Mary Sprague, PE for the Hidden Waters Subdivision in 2007.Capital Capacity Charges have been paid in full, but, there are 16 undeveloped lots on which the developer has failed to pay base facility charges per the contract to reserve the capacity. The un-paid fees amount to approximately $17,500 plus late charges ($2,269). Ms. Sprague is asking to cancel the contract in order to stop the monthly base charges and that the accumulated unpaid charges be dismissed. Staff recommends not dismissing the accumulated unpaid base charges, but does agree that the late fees could be waived and the contract cancelled.
Ms. Mary Sprague, P.E. – Hidden Water Subdivision. Ms. Sprague thanked staff for their professionalism and reiterated the content of the letter sent to the Board for review. (Attached)
Mr. Ray continued, noting that the Agreement this is our standard 5 year document, and Ms. Sprague understands that by cancelling the Agreement an increased connection costs are possible. The CCC already paid will be a credit on the property.
Ms. Wright moved, “to cancel the contract, waiving the late fees, but not dismissing the unpaid base charges” Seconded by Mr. Meals
Unanimous 10-9-16 A
6. DISCUSSION ITEM – None
7. ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT – Michael J. Ray
a. WASTEWATER OPERATIONS – Phil Wagoner
1) Attended the ASR conference this week; EWD was mentioned twice at the national level. We are still the only permitted ASR well.
b. JARL ‘JAY’ D. LINDEN, TECHNICAL/OPERATIONS SUPPORT MANAGER – Mr. Linden reviewed his written report with updates.
1) Reclaimed Water Aquifer Storage Recovery – Continuing to store water in the ASR well, there is a maximum of 820MG storage permitted, we can request addition storage after a longer history has been establish.
2) Water Main Extension – Five are complete, waiting for the rain to subside to do the last one.
3) Winchester South Project – Construction is slated to begin summer 2012.
4) Sarasota County Lemon Bay Watershed Sediment Management Project – A 4” force main will require relocation for this project. It will be done in house.
5) AirVac Vacuum Pit Test – AirVac is conducting a test on 10 vacuum pits. The pits will be cleaned and pit bottoms reinforced to prevent failure. This is at no cost to the District.
6) Builder DR Horton has purchased property in Stillwater III, Pennington Place and Heritage Creek.
c. SONIA ZOELLER, FINANCE DIRECTOR
a) Preparing for the Audit
8. ATTORNEY’S REPORT – Robert H. Berntsson – None
9. OLD BUSINESS – None
10. PUBLIC COMMENT – None
11. NEW BUSINESS – None
12. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS – None
13. ADJOURN @ 9:06 a.m.
Paul Manke, Vice-Chair