ENGLEWOOD WATER DISTRICT BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
201 SELMA AVENUE
OCTOBER 6, 2011 at 8:30 A.M.
Board of Supervisors:
Steve Samuels, Chair
Taylor Meals, Vice-Chair
Michael J. Ray, Administrator
Robert H. Berntsson, District Counsel
Roger K. Quick, Water Operations Manager
Jarl “Jay” D. Linden, P.E., Technical/Operations Support Manager
Sonia R. Zoeller, Finance Director
Teresa L. Herzog, Administrative Assistant
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE & ROLL CALL
2. ANNOUNCEMENTS – Additions & Deletions
3. PUBLIC INPUT – To address the Board during this portion of the meeting you must fill out a card for the record with your name, address, telephone number and which agenda item is to be addressed. Each person will be allowed no more than 4 minutes.
4. CONSENT SECTION
a. Minutes of the Regular Meeting dated September 1, 2011
b. Attorney’s Invoice dated September 6, 2011 for August services
5. ACTION ITEM
a. Headworks sandblast and painting project
b. Continuation of Meter Replacement Program
6. DISCUSSION ITEM
a. Outsource Water Supply – Palm and Little Gasparilla Islands
7. ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT – Michael J. Ray
a. WATER OPERATIONS MANAGER– Roger K. Quick
b. TECHNICAL/OPERATIONS SUPPORT MANAGER – Jarl ‘Jay’ D. Linden, P.E .
c. FINANCE DIRECTOR – Sonia R. Zoeller
1. Susan Franklin – Customer Service Manager
8. ATTORNEY’S REPORT – Robert H. Berntsson
9. OLD BUSINESS
10. PUBLIC COMMENT – To address the Board during this portion of the meeting you must provide your name, address and telephone number for the record. Each person will be allowed no more than 4 minutes.
11. NEW BUSINESS
12. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS
Anyone who decides to appeal a decision of this Board will need a record of the proceedings pertaining thereto and therefore may need to insure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.
DISABILITY INFORMATION – In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and FS 286.26, persons with disabilities needing special accommodation to participate in this proceeding should contact EWD at 941-474-3217 no later than 7 days prior to the proceedings. If hearing impaired, telephone the Florida Relay Service at 800-955-8771 9TCC) or 800-955-897-8770 (VOICE) for assistance.