ENGLEWOOD WATER DISTRICT
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
201 SELMA AVENUE, ENGLEWOOD, FLORIDA
NOVEMBER 7, 2013 @ 8:30 A.M.
Board of Supervisors: Staff:
Taylor Meals, Chair Michael J. Ray, Administrator
Steven Samuels, Vice-Chair Robert Berntsson, District Counsel
Sydney B. Crampton Jarl “Jay” D. Linden, P.E. Technical/Operations Support Manager
Phyllis Wright Sonia R. Zoeller, Finance Director
Eric Fogo Roger K. Quick, Water Operations Manager
Teresa L. Herzog, Board Secretary
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE & ROLL CALL
2. ANNOUNCEMENTS – Additions & Deletions
3. PRESENTATION – Representative Jerry Paul, District 71 (Republican)
4. SERVICE AWARDS
a. Beverly Perry – 10 years
5. PUBLIC INPUT – To address the Board during this portion of the meeting you must fill out a card stating your name, address, telephone number for the record, and which agenda item is to be addressed. Each person will be allowed no more than 4 minutes.
6. CONSENT SECTION
a. Minutes of the Regular Meeting dated October 3, 2013
b. Attorney’s Invoice dated October 21, 2013
7. ACTION ITEM
a. WRF Pieralisi Decanter Centrifuge Purchase
b. WRF Filter Rehabilitation Project
c. Gasparilla Island Water Association Interlocal Agreement Renewal
d. Neptune Radio Read Meter Purchase
8. DISCUSSION ITEM
a. EWD 30 Acre Property Potential Acquisition – Debi L. Osborne, Director of Land Protection Conservation of the Gulf Coast
9. ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT – Michael J. Ray
a. WATER OPERATIONS MANAGER – Roger K. Quick
1. Distribution Foreman – Wayne Kershanick
b. TECHNICAL/OPERATIONS SUPPORT MANAGER – Jarl ‘Jay’ D. Linden, P.E.
c. FINANCE DIRECTOR – Sonia R. Zoeller
1. SAP Financial Software Presentation
10. ATTORNEY’S REPORT – Robert Berntsson
11. OLD BUSINESS
12. PUBLIC COMMENT – To address the Board during this portion of the meeting you must provide your name, address and telephone number for the record. Each person will be allowed no more than 4 minutes.
13. NEW BUSINESS
14. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS
Anyone who decides to appeal a decision of this Board will need a record of the proceedings pertaining thereto and therefore may need to insure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.
DISABILITY INFORMATION – In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and FS 286.26, persons with disabilities needing special accommodation to participate in this proceeding should contact EWD at 941-474-3217 no later than 7 days prior to the proceedings. If hearing impaired, telephone the Florida Relay Service at 800-955-8771 9TCC) or 800-955-897-8770 (VOICE) for assistance.